3.03.2013

27 Hr. Roadtrip

This month I'll be posting here on the 27 hr. car ride 'Miles' will making on behalf of the 27 million oppressed by the human slave trade in the world today.  This is a very raw and ugly subject so I have a few comforts to throw your way before we trek through this bog together:

1) I will not intentionally try to make you cry or cringe.  I hate emotional manipulation and whenever someone tries to pull my heart strings or frighten me in order to get me to do what they desire, I switch off.  I would expect the same from you.  I will present facts, statistics and links that will lead to other sites including videos which I assure you will shock you but I will warn you beforehand if I think the material is extra extreme.  After all we are talking about a reality most of us are willing to admit exists, but haven't really dug deeper until now.  It's going to be uncomfortable.

2) Change occurs everyday.  Our individual actions can change these statistics everyday.  Your involvement in simply learning the facts will change your perspective of certain areas of life and change will occur through you.  I find that extremely encouraging.

3) You may find, after some digging or assessment of your own actions, that you or someone close to you is part of the problem.  This can be remedied.  Being part of a problem means you are capable of being a more powerful vehicle of change.  Don't wallow in guilt; change your actions, perspectives and attitudes and spread awareness.

Thank you to everyone brave enough to admit that our world has its horrors.
Thank you to everyone honest enough to see their part in the problem.
Thank you to the students of Asbury University for taking a stand for change!!!

27 Hour Stand for FRDM 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment